Our calling in life is to be drawn closer to God’s heart and to fall deeper in love with Him, while passionately running after everything He desires to do in this world. As we draw closer to Jesus, He gives us more revelation and understanding on how to impact the world.
- Song 1:4
- Mt. 22:37-39
- Prov. 29:18
- Heb. 11:24-26
- Acts 21:13
- Lk. 15:1-7
- Jer 31:3
- Psa. 119:32
- Create your own illustration of “drawing near to God and running after Him.”
- Give an example of what your life would look like if you “ran with God” but did not “draw near” to Him. How do you “run with God” and “draw near to Him” at the same time?
- Describe a situation where you can be impacting the world but not giving a sweet “fragrance” offering to God. How would this person have to repent?
- Answer the following questions:
- Being “dark but lovely” means I am…
- tanned from the beach and beautiful.
- spiritually immature yet loved by God.
- covered in sin and loved by God.
- disciplined for my breaking rules.
- Having Jesus as my First Love means I…
- wholeheartedly obey Jesus.
- impact the world everyday.
- draw near to him only when I need him.
- passionately live life.
*Answers are below
I Am Impact Devotional Series
Day 1: First Love Passion Statement (Read here)
Day 2: First Love (Read here)
Day 3: Dark But Lovely (Read here)
Day 4: Fragrance of Jesus (Read here)
Day 5: Draw Near and Run with God (Read here)
Day 6: The Father’s Loving Discipline (Read here)
Day 7: Being Faithful in Small Things (Read here)
Day 8: The Pleasure of Living Holy (Read here)
Day 9: Hungering for Righteousness (Read here)
Day 10: Wholehearted Love (Read here)
Day 11: Speak Life (Read here)
Day 12: Courageous Love (Read here)
Day 13: Poor in Spirit (Read here)
Day 14: Language of Intimacy (Read here)
Day 15: Loving Beyond Our Comfort (Read here)
Day 16: Lovers Not Workers for Jesus (Read here)
Day 17: The Father’s Loving Leadership (Read here)
Day 18: Staying in the Light (Read here)
Day 19: Comparison Versus Teamwork (Read here)
Day 20: Pressing in for the Fullness (Read here)
Day 21: Humility (Read here)
Day 22: Servant Leadership (Read here)
Day 23: Generously Sacrifice (Read here)
Day 24: Burning Ones (Read here)
Answer Key – 5.2 and 6.1